A 2:1:1 ratio of essential fatty acids balanced for long-term use
• With time and testing, Udo Erasmus found this balance of omega-3, -6 and -9 to be the best ratio to support the body’s needs. Testimonials from consumers have proven this ratio to be safe and effective.
• It will not cause any omega deficiencies or imbalances when used long term.
6 & 9 oils are not a marketing ploy!
The omega-6s and -9s we get in our diet are, for the most part, damaged. Udo’s Oil provides unrefined, undamaged, healthy omega-3, -6 and -9 oils in balance!
Still contains naturally-occurring beneficial trace nutrients including phospholipids, phytosterols, chlorophyll, vitamin E and carotene.
• Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend and DHA 3·6·9 Blend both contain about 65 mg of phytosterols per tablespoon.
• No chemicals used or damaged molecules present.
• Made with health — not shelf life — in mind.
Evening primrose oil as a source of GLA (not borage oil)
• Our EPO is cold-fresh -pressed, unrefined and organic.
• Borage oil, unlike EPO, is not well researched, has a chemical complexity that interferes with its activity in the body, and can contain liver-toxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids.
• EPO was selected for Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend and Udo’s OilTM DHA 3·6·9 Blend because studies repeatedly show its safety and efficacy.
In-house manufacturing for total quality control
• Flora’s quality control from seed to refrigerated bottle ensures the oils are protected from light, heat and oxygen using machinery unique to Flora.
• Cold-fresh-pressed, unrefined and organic oils whenever possible.
• Flora has developed a close relationship with the farmers that we source our plant seeds from.
Quality packaging with health in mind
• Nitrogen-flushed amber glass bottles with metal lids in cardboard boxes. Kept refrigerated to protect oil from damage by heat, light and oxygen. Metal lids keep the nitrogen in and the oxygen out.
• Glass bottles and metal lids are used because they do not react with the oil or contain any harmful substances that would leach into the oil.
Eco-friendly product and packaging
• Non-GMO, completely vegetarian, no fish harmed and no depletion of fish stocks.
• Organic ingredients.
• Recyclable glass is used.
Formulated by Udo Erasmus, Ph.D.
• Researcher, author, educator & expert in the field of healthy fats & oils.
• Author of Fats that Heal Fats that Kill, which has been called the “text book” on essential fatty acids.
• CHFA Hall of Fame inductee—awarded on Oct 15, 2005 in recognition of two decades of contribution to the field of fats, oils and health.
• Udo’s OilTM 3·6·9 Blend is 99% QAI certified organic.
• Contains flax seed oil, sunflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, coconut oil, evening primrose seed oil, non-GMO soy lecithin, rice bran and germ oils, oat bran and germ oils, and mixed tocopherols.
• Udo’s OilTM DHA 3·6·9 Blend also contains unrefined DHA algae oil and uses rosemary extract to naturally preserve and protect the oil blend.
Third party tested
• Tested by an independent, third party lab for added quality assurance.
• Ensures the quality, potency and integrity of the oil.
• The first and only unrefined DHA from algae available in Canada.
• This means no damaged molecules and no chemicals or solvents are used.
• Still contains the trace nutrients that support Udo’s OilTM DHA 3·6·9 Blend as a whole food.
• 11 ALIVE gold medals for Best Organic Food and Essential Fatty Acid Supplement, plus international awards.
• On the market for over 14 years with worldwide distribution in 20 countries including countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Australia.