A cleanse friendly recipe …
Makes 5 x 4 square inch patties
These patties are very tasty when served with a lemon tahini dressing or hummus.
- 1 ½ cups drained, mashed chickpeas (1, 16oz can equals 1 ½ cups mashed chickpeas)
- 1 cup grated squash
- 1 cup grated potato
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- ½ tsp/ cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- oil for frying
– In medium bowl add all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
– To form patties, line a wide mouth jar lid with plastic wrap and pack mixture until it is level with the top of the lid. Empty patty onto heated skillet.
– Fry patty over medium heat until browned on both sides – about 4 minutes per side.
– Serve on a bed of spinach with a dollop of hummus on top. Yum!
See also: great cleanse recipes and products to help you detox.