What is Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics by Botanica?
- Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics by Botanica help restore and maintain the healthy micro-flora in the gastro intestinal tract. Contains a scientifically determined level of probiotic (lactic acid bacteria) colony forming units (CFU’s), prebiotics, organic acids, bacteriocins, enzymes and micronutrient ingredients designed to enhance the body’s ability to restore and maintain its micro-flora garden, which is important to health and wellness. Each of these finished ingredients are available only in the fermented cultured medium paste available in Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics by Botanica.
- Combines ancient Japanese fermentation skills with modern probiotic science. Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics by Botanica are produced during a multi-year, natural temperature, fermentation process. Scores of scientifically researched and carefully selected, all-natural, vegetables, fruits, mushrooms and seaweeds are hand-crafted and vigilantly introduced into the fermentation vessels but only when each ingredient is “seasonably ripe” for fermentation (i.e., that time when an ingredient should be introduced to assure vigorous and productive fermentation; certain ingredients should be introduced only in fall, winter, spring or summer seasons). Unlike some entities that simply “dump” their ingredients into the fermentation pots at the start of the fermentation process, Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics’ ingredients have been carefully selected and scientifically researched by Iichiroh Ohhira, Ph.D., an award-winning microbiologist, and a team of research scientists to determine when each ingredient is “seasonably ripe” for fermentation.
- Unlike most probiotic products, Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics By Botanica is a living “synbiotic” lactic acid bacteria (LAB) complex. A “synbiotic” product is defined as a product containing both probiotics (the good lactic acid bacteria) and prebiotics (the nutrition for LAB). The prebiotics in Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics are naturally developed during the multi-year fermentation process.
- Contains biogenically active ingredients. Biogenically active ingredients (i.e., living ingredients) are produced during the long-term fermentation process. These ingredients are contained only in the fermented cultured medium paste contained in Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics.
- Twelve strains of LAB (Lactic Acid Bacteria), including Dr. Iichiroh Ohhira’s proprietary strain, E. faecalis TH10, are used in the fermentation process. Each of these strains is introduced into the fermentation process as scientifically predetermined. The scientific “plan” governing the introduction of each strain of LAB is complex and proprietary.
- Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics by Botanica are a vegan (including capsule material), all-natural product hand-crafted and fermented in Japan. No dairy, soy or gluten. Non-GMO and chemical free.
- Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics by Botanica contain a proprietary probiotic formula, organic acids (important to the regulation of the pH level of the colon), prebiotics (important nourishment for LAB), trace levels of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, enzymes and bacteriocins.
- Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics by Botanica do not require refrigeration at ambient room temperatures and has a shelf life of three years.